Sunday, May 2, 2010

Avalanche in Richland Uptown.

You have to visit this place.  They don't serve any alcohol and their food is awesome.  We went for an early dinner.  I had their buffalo burger with beer battered fries.  Karen had the soup and salad (Potato soup and tossed salad).  Avalanche is located in the Uptown in Richland next door to the Papa Murphy's.   They advertise American but with their own twist.  The fry bread appetizer is large enough to be a meal all by its self.  The menu includes things like Dutch Oven Chicken and Cobblers.  We didn't get desert...but that's only because we were too full and not because the options didn't look absolutely mouth watering.  I'm not sure how long they've been open (rumor has it that they've been around almost a year now) but I hope they stick around for a very long time.  I'd really like to have something from their lunch menu sometime too.  You should check them out and try the Elk burger and let me know how it tastes.  If you get a chance to try out the deserts I'd also like to hear from you.
Also you should check out http://tastetricities.com  they say that they've got over 300 restaurants for the Tri-Cities...which would be news to me.

Avalanche Restaurant(Here's a pic of pigs in a blanket and Fry bread)
View Larger Map

Reblog this post [with Zemanta]