Monday, March 15, 2010

Ok so I'm about to geek out over candy.  A couple of weeks ago the family went with my brother and his wife to the Gorge (past Vantage) and did some climbing and playing in the sand dunes.  It was one of the best weekends I've had in years.  It was great seeing the kids play with energy that I'll never have again.  More to the point it was great being out doors with my family all happy an not a fight to be had the whole day. Anyway...back to the candy.  So on our way back totally exhausted and immensely happy we needed to stop for some fuel.  The Suburban is always hungry.  Sorta fits my personality.  So Karen goes into the station while I'm filling up at over $3 a gallon.  She was getting snacks for the kids and she found these novelties tucked in a nearly full box and decided to buy one just because.  She goes to checkout and the attendant says she's the first person who wasn't an employee to purchase them.  Which actually makes me reluctant to post this for fear that others will have a need to make the one hour trip to buy these guys out of their supply.  M&M's is the iconic candy that found it's way into our lexicon through MRE's in the War.  Well it's just too bad that they didn't have these back then and we'd have a lot fewer smoking addicts and a whole lot more chocoholics.  M&M's have done peanuts, almonds, peanut butter, crisp, and I hear that they have a strawberried peanut butter.  All of that may be great but in the end there can be only one and that one is Coconut M&M's.  It was like consuming a pina colada and a chocolate bar all at once and if you think that's gross well then you haven't tried it.
Reblog this post [with Zemanta]

1 comment:

  1. I can't find any of these! AND I want to try them. I love coconut!

    ReplyDelete

Please leave your well worded remarks here.